Did you know that 1 in 3 Canadians will experience a mental health problem at some point in their life?
Mental health problems account for about half of employee absences due to illness each year in Canada. Mental Health First Aid gives people the skills to provide early intervention.
Upcoming Training Dates
|Course||Start Date/Time||End Date/Time||Location||Registration|
|Mental Health First Aid – Basic||October 21, 2017 9:00am||October 22, 2017 4:00pm||5734 Glenholme Ave. Niagara Falls|
|Mental Health First Aid – Basic||January 20, 2018 9:00am||January 21, 2018 4:00pm||5734 Glenholme Ave. Niagara Falls|
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid is the help provided to a person developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. Just as physical first aid is administered to an injured person before medical treatment can be obtained, MHFA is provided until appropriate support is found or until the crisis is resolved.
MHFA training will help equip your organization to:
- Recognize and understand the symptoms of mental health problems, including those related to substance abuse
- Provide help to prevent the mental health problem from developing into a more serious state
- Promote the recovery of good mental health by accommodating employees in distress or recovering from a crisis
- Increase productivity and reduce absenteeism
Evidence from the MHFA commission research has shown that individuals who complete the 12-hour basic course have:
- Significantly greater recognition of the most common mental health illnesses and problems
- Decreased social distance from people with mental health illnesses or problems
- Increased confidence in providing help to others
- Demonstrated increase in helpful actions